Healthy eating is something we all would like to do, although at times, it can be hard. One of these times is during the holidays when things are so hectic around your house. So, wouldn’t you say this is the perfect time for healthy slow cooker recipes?
Yes, eating healthy is a way of balancing the food you eat to keep your body in great health. But first, you must make the right food choices
Preparing easy healthy crock pot recipes, you’ll have peace of mind about your loved ones getting the necessary vitamins and minerals their bodies need to keep them healthy.
Perhaps, you are searching for some healthy slow cooker recipes. Well, this is the place because …
I’m ready to share 4 healthy slow cooker recipes with you.
In other words, keep reading to give your family the nutritious meals they deserve.
There’s Nothing Quite Like Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
1. Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Recipe
Chicken parts – 2 pounds (separate leg from thigh)
Onion – 1 medium to large (chopped)
Celery – 1 stalk (chopped)
Garlic – 1 clove (sliced or crushed, chopped)
Curry seasoning – 1 tablespoon
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Chicken broth – 1 can
Diced tomatoes – 1 can
Oil (for browning) – 1 tablespoon
1. First, place the chicken pieces in a skillet with the tablespoon of oil and brown.
2. Next, put the chopped onions, celery and garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker, then place the browned chicken parts on top.
3. Now, blend the curry seasoning and black pepper into the chicken broth, then pour the mixture and can of diced tomatoes into slow cooker.
4. Put cover on slow cooker and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
5. Salt to taste and serve over rice.
2.Slow Cooked Greens Topped With Sesame Oil
Greens – 1 bunch
Garlic – 1 clove (minced)
Ginger – 1 teaspoons (grated)
Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
Rice wine or white vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Water (if cooking all day) – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
Sesame oil or chili sesame oil to taste
1. First, prepare the greens the night before by washing and cutting them up
2. Next, mince the garlic and grate the ginger.
3, The following morning, put the greens, minced garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and water in your slow cooker.
4. Place cover on slow cooker and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
5. Then top with sesame oil.
Highly Recommended Healthy Slow Cooker Recipe Books…
3. Slow Cooker Cajun Shrimp Recipe
Tomatoes – 1 can (28 ounce, un-drained, cut up)
Chicken broth – 1 can (14 ounce)
Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
Green sweet pepper – 1 cup (chopped)
Long grain and wild rice mix – 1 package (6 ounce)
Water – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
Cajun seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon
Shrimp – 1 pound (de-veined, peeled, and cooked)
Bottled hot pepper sauce — optional
1. First, combine tomatoes, chicken broth, chopped onion, chopped green sweet pepper, rice mix with seasoning packet, water, minced garlic and Cajun seasoning in a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker.
2. Place cover on slow cooker and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or on high 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
3. Then if using low-heat setting, turn slow cooker to high-heat setting and stir shrimp into rice mixture.
4. Place cover back on slow cooker and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Top with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
4 . Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup W/ V-8 Juice
Potatoes – 2 medium (chopped)
Tomatoes – 4 medium (chopped)
Green beans – 2 cups
Zucchini – 2 small (cubed)
Yellow squash – 1 medium (cubed)
Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
Carrots – 4 small (sliced)
Celery stalks – 2 (sliced)
Eggplant – 1 cup (cubed)
Portabello mushrooms – 1 cup (sliced)
Parsley – 1 tablespoon
Garlic – 3 teaspoons
V-8 juice – 4 cups
1. First, mix all the ingredients above in your slow cooker.
2.Then place cover on slow cooker and cook on low for 7 – 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
I hope these recipes help you have a healthy and prosperous New Year.
I’m Confident You Want More Recipes Like These…
So, if you like what you see here, be sure to join my cooking tips newsletter to get ideas, amazing recipes & more.
It’s free and you can unsubscribe at any time…
Thanks & stop by again soon! Jean