4 Mouthwatering Chicken Thighs Recipes At Your Fingertips
Of all the meats I have cooked in my slow cooker, chicken is my choice for the one that benefits the most from this life changing kitchen appliance. My family & I love eating chicken and one of my favorites is slow cooker chicken thighs.
And, what I like most about cooking my chicken thighs in the slow cooker is the fact they remain very tasteful and tender even when cooked for several hours.
So, if chicken thighs are one of your family’s favorites, but with your hectic schedule, there are probably days when you don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen. Well, I’m here to help you!
Ready For Some Finger Licking Chicken Thighs Recipes?
Below are a few of my favorite chicken thighs recipes that are prepared in the slow cooker. So, let’s get started….
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a slow cooker, mix chicken, celery, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes with liquid, sugar, salt, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf.
Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours.
Remove bay leaf from the chicken mixture, and stir in orzo.
Increase heat to High. Cook 15 minutes, until orzo is tender.
Stir in shrimp, and cook 2 minutes, until shrimp are heated through
Slow Cooker Moscow Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle Russianstyle salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook chicken until well browned on both sides.
Allow chicken to cool slightly.
Wrap each thigh in a piece of bacon, and place in slow cooker.
Sprinkle garlic and ginger over the chicken; top with Russian dressing.
Cook on Low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
Season to taste with salt and pepper
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- water to cover
- 1 pound raw cashews
Place the chicken thighs in a slow cooker.
Add the garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, pepper, scallions, and white onion to
the slow cooker.
Pour enough water over the mixture to cover everything.
Cook on High for 5 hours.
Sprinkle the cashews over the mixture and cook another 30 minutes.
Slow Cooker Latin Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet;
- season the chicken thighs with
- salt and pepper
Sprinkle 1/4 cup cilantro over the chicken thighs;
brown the chicken in the frying pan, 3 to 5 minutes each side.
Arrange the chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker.
Place the sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, and black beans on top of the chicken.
Mix together the chicken broth, 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, salsa,
cumin, allspice, and garlic together in a bowl; pour into the slow
Set slow cooker to LOW and cook for 4 hours.
Garnish with lime wedges to serve
Now You Too Can Prepare Some New Tasty Chicken Recipes for Dinner Tonight!!
I’ve compiled a collection of 35 Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes that will give you a choice of preparing a mouth-watering meal your family and friends will love while spending quality time together around the dinner table..
My cookbook includes a variety of recipes for chicken breasts, chicken thighs,chicken casseroles, and even tasty chicken soups . Hope these slow cooker chicken recipes satisfy everyone’s hunger.
And, Best of All. See Just How Easy It Is to Experience The Joy of Cooking Right In Your Inbox!
Yes, I’ve put together a free newsletter with cooking tips, recipes & more to help you experience the joy of cooking firsthand. Check below to make sure it’s still open for subscription.
And, by the way, if you want more joy of cooking tips and recipes to help you become an expert chef in your own kitchen — stop by my website anytime.
Thanks for stopping by – Jean
Filed under: Chicken Recipes