Experience the Difference When You Use These 5 Healthy Cooking Ingredients
Healthy eating can be easier than you think! The key is to have cooking ingredients in your cupboard that you can use to prepare healthy meals for you & your family on a daily basis.
These cooking ingredients, which should be low in fat, salt and sugar with no added preservatives, will not only make your recipes healthier, but tastier and very satisfying.
Below is a list of some of the healthy cooking ingredients and the benefits…
1. Olive Oil – Rich in Antioxidants
Canola oil has no saturated fat and is considered the most healthy oil by many authorities, including, the American Heart Association. It can be used in salads, for baking, and for pan cooking.
2. Non Fat Yogurt – Healthy Substitute
Non-fat yogurt, especially Greek yogurt, is a great healthy substitute for recipes that call for mayonnaise, or sour cream. They can be used to thicken a variety of sauces and also make a great snack or breakfast.
3. Onions and Garlic – Healthy Ingredients With Distinguishing Flavors
It is possible to include onions in a number of recipes like soups, salads or in stir-fry. Onions have a very distinctive flavor liked by many people in their salads.
Onions also offer many health benefits such as…
- help balance blood sugars.
- contain anti-inflammatory benefits for those who struggle with allergies
- when eaten in large amounts provide anti-bacteria properties
Garlic is related to the onion family. Always allow garlic to rest after chopping before cooking so the maximum health benefits will be obtained.
Some of these health benefits of garlic include.
- high in selenium..
- helps in reducing blood cholesterol
- increases iron absorption
- believed to help in the fight against obesity.
4. Tomatoes – Must Have Ingredient
Tomatoes whether fresh or in a paste are a can’t do without ingredient. They can be eaten raw in a salad or made into various sauces for a sumptuous meal.
A few healthy benefits of tomatoes include…
- lycopene in tomatoes promotes the production of collagen for firm skin.
- lycopene enables one to have a good night’s sleep
- tomatoes help the skin fight against sunburn
- tomatoes lower the risk of osteoporosis
- contain antioxidants
By the way, cherry and grape tomatoes are very low in calories and can be eaten in abundance for snacking and with meals.
Also, you can obtain additional nutritional benefits simply by drizzling olive oil on your tomatoes ensures.
5. Herbs – Gives Satisfying Savory Taste
Most fresh herbs contain strong aromas that make a meal enjoyable, and they can be grown on your windowsill and therefore be easily accessible to create healthy and delicious meals.
- Rosemary can be included in soups, for chicken dishes and in your cup of tea.
- Rosemary is believed to help improve the brain health of people who forget easily.
- Parsley is full of minerals and vitamins; additionally it adds color to a salad for a mouth-watering meal.
- Ginger is another herb that is good for the digestive health and is believed to settle an upset stomach.
- Ginger can be dried and used in a tea to relieve a cold since it is known to open the sinuses for easier breathing
- Ginger has been used by a number of people to relieve pain in a tooth simply by chewing it.
i hope this information about healthy cooking ingredients was helpful to you.
And, now that you know healthy eating without sacrificing taste isn’t as hard as you thought, you can keep your family well-satisfied & happy at the dinner table.
Wait! Before You Go, Experience The Joy of Cooking Right In Your Inbox!
And, yes I’ve put together a free newsletter with cooking tips, recipes & more to help you experience the joy of cooking first hand.
Check below to make sure it’s still open for subscription.
And, if you want more joy of cooking tips and recipes to help you become an expert chef in your own kitchen — stop by my website anytime.
Thanks & come back soon!
Filed under: Cooking Tips