While searching for some easy chicken recipes, I discovered this buttery garlic herb chicken with asparagus recipe on video. So that you can read instead of watching, I transcribed the video recipe for you. Read it below …
Ready to Prepare a Tasty Chicken Meal for Dinner? Watch the Video to Learn How!
Garlic Herb Butter Chicken With Asparagus
- 3-6 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken broth, or water
- Slices of fresh lemon, for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Pat dry chicken thighs with paper towels. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika on both sides.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, oregano, rosemary, and thyme and quickly stir until fragrant, be careful not to burn.
3. Lay chicken skin side down in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook another 5-7 minutes, until cooked through and a cooking thermometer displays 165°F (75°C). If chicken browns too quickly, lower the heat.
4. Remove cooked chicken thighs from the skillet and set aside on a plate. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet.
Once the butter is melted, add asparagus to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute asparagus for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
Deglaze with chicken broth or water and give a quick stir to coat the asparagus. Reduce the sauce for one minute more.
5. Return chicken thighs back to the pan for a couple of minutes and serve your buttery garlic herb chicken with asparagus immediately garnished with fresh herbs and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Notes: Make sure to thoroughly pat dry chicken thighs to ensure crispiness of the skin.
About the buttery garlic herb chicken with asparagus video:
If you want a super simple dinner that’s diabetic friendly and gluten free check out this video! All of this took less than thirty minutes from start to finish!
Please comment below on the video or, let us know about your favorite chicken recipe. – Jean
Filed under: Chicken Recipes