Are you currently searching for some healthy dinner recipes for family? Perhaps, you didn’t realize there are tons waiting for you at your fingertips!
And, if you are really serious about preparing healthier food for your loved ones, here are a few questions you may want to ask yourself before planning your next meal…
- 1. Are you using the healthiest oils when cooking?
- 2. Are you using any fresh vegetables?
- 3. Does your meat meet your health qualifications?
- 4. Are you hitting all of the major foods groups with each and every meal?
Now, if you answered yes to all these question, you are ready to prepare healthy dinner recipes for family? And, I would like to help you get started by sharing a few of the best healthy dinner recipes I ran across.
By the way, be sure and check out the video below to learn how to create a healthy plate!
Satisfy Everyone’s Hunger With These 6 Healthy Dinner Recipes
1. Slow Cooker Minestrone
Your family doesn’t have to wait on this delicious slow cooker minestrone meal. It will be ready for you to serve before everyone sits down at the dinner table.
Makes 12 ( 4 quart servings)
- Vegetable or chicken stock – 1 carton (32 ounces)
- V8 or tomato juice – 3 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Potatoes – 2 medium (peeled and chopped)
- Celery ribs – 2 (chopped)
- Carrots – 2 (chopped)
- Diced tomatoes – 1 14 1/2 oz. can (undrained)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Garlic cloves – 3 (minced)
- Bay leaves – 2
- Italian seasoning – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- Kidney beans – 1 16 oz. can (rinsed and drained)
- Cannellini beans – 1 15 oz. can (rinsed and drained)
- Cut green beans – 1 14 1/2 oz. can (drained)
- Zucchini – 1 small (chopped)
- Ditalini or other small pasta – 1 cup (uncooked)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Step 1: Combine the first 13 ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
Step 2: Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours.
Step 3: Stir in remaining ingredients.
Step 4: Cook, covered, on high until pasta is tender, about 30 minutes longer.
Step 5: Discard bay leaves. If desired, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight.
Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
2. Healthy Taco Soup W/Turkey
This delectable taco soup with its distinct flavor will satisfy anyone’s taste buds. The beans, tomatoes and corn cooked with ground turkey makes the perfect weeknight dish for your family.
Makes 4 Servings:
- Turkey – 3 cups (cooked, ground)
- Hanover pinto beans – Hanover pinto beans – (1 15 oz. can rinsed, drained)
- Hanover black beans – 1 (15 oz. can rinsed, drained)
- Hunts Tomatoes – 1 (15 oz.) can or Rotel Tomatoes – 1 (10 oz. can)
- Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix – 1 (1 oz.)
- Chicken broth – 5 cups
- Green Giant Canned corn – 1 (15 oz. can)
- Ranch Dressing mix – 1 (1 oz.
- Corn Chips (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
Step 1: In a large stock pot combine turkey, beans, tomatoes, taco and ranch seasoning mixes, and chicken broth.
Step 2: Bring soup to a boil, and cover.
Step 3: Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers for a Healthy Dinner
Makes 4 Servings:
- Bell peppers – 4 (halved)
- Vegetable or olive oil – 1 Tbsp
- Yellow onion – 1 large (sliced)
- Mushrooms – 16 oz. (sliced)
- Pinch of Kosher salt & pepper
- Sirloin steak – 1 1/2 lbs. (thinly sliced)
- Italian seasoning – 2 tsp.
- Provolone cheese – 16 slices
- Parsley (freshly chopped for garnish)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325.
Step 2: Place the halved peppers in a baking dish and bake until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
Step 3: While the peppers are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
Step 4: Add sliced onions, sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
Step 5: Cook for 6 minutes until soft.
Step 6: Add steak and season generously with salt and pepper.
Step 7: Cook while stirring for 3 minutes.
Step 8: Stir in Italian seasoning.
Step 9: Remove peppers from oven and add provolone cheese to bottom. Top with steak mixture.
Step 10: Then, top with another piece of provolone and broil for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Step 11: Garnish with chopped parsley before serving warm.
4. Country Captain Chicken – Tasty Slow Cooker Chicken Meal Idea
Servings – 8
- Onion – 1 large (chopped)
- Sweet red pepper – 1 medium (chopped)
- Garlic – 2 tsp.(minced)
- Chicken thighs – 3 lbs. (boneless, skinless)
- Curry powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp.
- Ground ginger – 1 tsp.
- Dried thyme – 1 tsp.
- Packed brown sugar – 1 Tbsp.
- Chicken broth – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Diced tomatoes – 1 14 1/2 oz. can (undrained)
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
Step 1: Place chopped onions, pepper and minced garlic in a 6-qt. slow cooker.
Step 2: Arrange chicken pieces over vegetables.
Step 3: Whisk the next 5 ingredients with the chicken broth and over chicken.
Step 4: Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
Step 5: Add raisins and diced tomatoes.
Step 6: Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken reaches 165°, approximately 2-1/2 hours.
Step 7: Serve over rice; if desired, sprinkle with parsley.
And, There’s More – Healthy Dinner Recipes That Is
5. Recipe for Chicken Drumsticks In Air Fryer
Looking for easy healthy dinner recipes? Then these chicken drumsticks cooked in an air fryer may be just what you’re looking for!
- Chicken drumsticks – 1 lb.
- Salt – 3/4 tsp. (divided)
- Olive oil – 2 Tbsp.
- Curry powder – 2 tsp.
- Onion salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Minced fresh Cilantro – minced fresh (optional
Step 1: In a large bowl, place chicken and enough water to cover.
Step 2: Add 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes at room temperature. Drain and pat dry.
Step 3: Preheat air fryer to 375°.
Step 4: In a another bowl, mix remaining ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat.
Step 5: In batches, place chicken in a single layer in air-fryer basket.
Step 6: Cook until temperature registers 170°-175°, approximately 15-17 minutes, turning halfway through.
Step 7: If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
6. Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
This creamy rotisserie chicken breast casserole with broccoli and cheese is just one of the many healthy dinner recipes for family and friends.
Serving 6 (1 1/2 cups)
- Steam-in-bag broccoli florets – 1 (12-ounce pkg.)
- Canola oil – 1 Tbsp.
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Mushrooms – 2 (8-ounce packages presliced)
- All – purpose flour – 3 Tbsp.
- Fat-free milk – 1 1/2 cups
- Rotisserie chicken breast – 12 ounces chopped skinless, boneless (about 3 cups)
- Fat-free Greek yogurt – 1/2 cup (plain)
- Canola mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp. freshly ground
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Sharp cheddar cheese – 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup shredded)
- Parmesan cheese – 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup grated)
Step 1: Preheat broiler.
Step 2: Prepare broccoli in microwave according to package directions.
Step 3 :Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
Step 4: Add onion and mushrooms; cook 12 minutes or until mushrooms brown and liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
Step 5: Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Step 6: Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
Step 7: Stir in broccoli and chicken; cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
Step 8: Stir in yogurt, mayonnaise, pepper, and salt. Top evenly with cheeses; broil 2 minutes.
Now, You Too Can Have Some New Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes?
Well, this is your lucky day! I’ve written a healthy slow cooker recipe book I believe you’ll enjoy.
This cookbook offers a good variety of healthy recipes that are not only delicious, but also easy to prepare.
In fact, this book is available from Amazon Kindle.
In conclusion, I hope you found these crock pot healthy recipes ideas to be just what you were searching for!
Wait! Don’t Stop Reading Now!
Before you leave, be sure and get my free newsletter with cool recipes, cooking tips & more to satisfy your family’s hunger pains..
To make sure it’s still open, check below…
And, since you’re looking at healthy recipes & cooking ideas, are you fed up with diets? Many people are. That’s why I started researching and came up with an alternative to those pesky “routine” diets. I could go into a lot of detail but I’ve explained this breakthrough program on my new site. To find out more about eating healthy, go here.
Thanks for stopping by – Jean
Filed under: Healthy Recipes