Is Your Team Going To the Superbowl?
If so, you’ve more than likely invited friends & family over for Superbowl Sunday to spend this perfect day watching the big game with you.
And, no matter which team you’re rooting for, you’ll want to keep your party guests satisfied by serving some super bowl foods and appetizers for everyone to snack on while sharing fun and laughter with one another on this special day. .
Perhaps, you are searching for some new ideas on how to cook super bowl appetizers!
If so, here are 3 recipes that my gang loves to eat while cheering on their favorite team. And, to make things a little easier on you, there’s one recipe you can prepare ahead of time.
3 Superbowl Appetizer Recipes to Make Your Party Successful!
1. Saucy Chicken Strips
Chicken breasts – 1 pound (skinless, boneless)
Hoisin sauce – 1/3 cup
Plum sauce – 1/3 cup
Green onions – 2 tablespoons (sliced with tops)
Ginger root – 1 tablespoon (grated)
Dry sherry – 2 tablespoons
White vinegar – 2 tablespoons
Skewers – 12 (10-inch)
1. First, trim away all fat from chicken breasts, then cut chicken lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips.
2. Next, mix the Hoisin sauce, plum sauce, sliced green onions, grated ginger root, dry sherry and white vinegar in a large bowl.
3. Now, add the chicken strip to the bowl and toss to coat thoroughly, then cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. When ready to cook, turn oven temperature on broil.
5. Then remove chicken from marinade and drain, but keep marinade and put aside.
6. Thread 2 pieces chicken on each of the skewers and place on rack in broiler pan, broil with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat for approximately 8 minutes or until done, turning once.
7. Put marinade in1-quart saucepan and boil for 1 minute and serve with chicken.
2. Peanut Butter Chicken Wings
Ingredients for Wings:
Garlic – 4 cloves
Shallots – 2
Salt – 1 1/2 teaspoons
Chinese 5 spice – 1 tablespoon
Paprika – 2 teaspoons
Rosemary – 1 teaspoon (dried, crumbled)
Cayenne – 1/2 teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Chicken wings – 4pounds (about 20-24, tips removed)
Ingredients for Sauce:
Natural style peanut butter – 1/3 cup
Cream of coconut – 1/4 cup, canned, well stirred)
Garlic – 2 cloves (chopped)
Water – 1/4 cup
Red bell pepper – 1/4 cup (chopped)
Hot red pepper flakes – 1/8 teaspoon (dried)
Soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
Coriander sprigs, if desired
Preparation for Wings:
1. First, mince and mash the garlic, shallots and salt to a paste.
2. Next, stir the paste together with the Chinese 5 spice, paprika, crumbled rosemary, cayenne and vegetable oil in a large bowl, then mix well and put in the chicken wings.
3. Now, toss and stir the chicken wings until they are completely covered with the marinade, then cover chicken wings and chill for 4 hours or over night to let them marinate.
4. Then place the chicken wings skin side up on the rack of a foil-lined large broiler pan..
5. Place them in the upper third of a preheated 425 F oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are golden.
Note: If wings need to be prepared one day in advance, keep them covered and chilled and then reheat before serving.
Preparation for Sauce:
1. First, add the peanut butter, cream of coconut, chopped garlic, water, chopped red bell pepper, dried hot red pepper flakes and soy sauce to your blender.
2. Next, blend until the mixture is smooth, then season the sauce with salt, to taste.
3. Now, pour the sauce into a serving bowl, then place bowl on a platter garnished with coriander.
4. Lay the wings around the bowl and serve.
3. Superbowl Ready Garlic Onion Meatballs
Dried bread crumbs – 2 Tbsp.
Minced onion – 1 Tbsp.
Milk – 1/4 c.
Lean ground beef – 1/2 lb.
Vegetable oil – 1 Tbsp.
Crushed garlic – 1/2 clove
Ground ginger – 1/4 tsp.
Soy sauce – 2 Tbsp.
White sugar – 2 tsp.
Water – 2 Tbsp.
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
STEP 2: Combine the dried bread crumbs, mince onion and milk in your bowl, then add the ground beef and mix very well.
STEP 3: Shape mixture into 3 dozen small balls and put in your shallow baking pan.
STEP 4: In a small bowl, combine the vegetable oil, crushed garlic, ground ginger, soy sauce, white sugar and water, then pour mixture over the meatballs.
STEP 5: Let stand approximately 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
STEP 6: Place uncovered meatballs in preheated oven and cook 20 – 25 minutes.
STEP 7: Serve hot.
Wait! Don’t Stop Reading Now!
Before you leave, be sure and get my free newsletter with cool recipes, cooking tips & more to satisfy your family’s hunger pains..
To make sure it’s still open, check below…
But, That’s Not All…
I would like to share with you some of my chicken appetizer recipes..
Excited About Preparing Some New Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes?
Well, this is your lucky day! I’ve written a Super Bowl appetizer recipes book I believe you’ll enjoy.
This cookbook offers a good variety of Super Bowl appetizer recipes for a gathering on the big day.
In fact, this book is available from Amazon Kindle.
In conclusion, I hope you found these Super Bowl appetizer ideas to be just what you were searching for!
But! Before You Leave, Experience The Joy of Cooking Right In Your Inbox!
At the present time, I’ve put together a free newsletter with cooking tips, recipes & more to help you experience the joy of cooking firsthand. Check below to make sure it’s still open for subscription.
And, by the way, if you want more joy of cooking tips and recipes to help you become an expert chef in your own kitchen — stop by my website anytime.
Thanks for stopping by – Jean
Filed under: Super Bowl Recipes