I love cooking during the holidays! Because of this, I am often chosen as the designated cook. Sometimes, I sneak in a few of my slow cooker Christmas recipes.
I started thinking about all of you newcomers in the kitchen and how stressful preparing a holiday meal for the first time can be.
Furthermore,I wanted to help you out by sharing a few of my slow cooker Christmas recipes to help make your holidays more enjoyable.
Now Is The Time To Get Ready for Slow Cooker Christmas Recipes
Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
Hash brown potatoes – 1 bag (3 ounce, frozen)
Bacon – 1 pound (cooked, drained, diced)
Onion – 1 medium (diced)
Green bell pepper – 1 (diced)
Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese – 1 1/2 cups (shredded)
Eggs – 1 dozen
Milk – 1 cup
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
1. First of all, put a layer of frozen has brown potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Then put a layer of diced bacon, diced onions, diced green pepper and shredded cheese.
3. Now, repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
4. Next, beat the eggs, milk, salt and black pepper together, then pour over mixture in slow cooker.
5. Finally, place lid on slow cooker, turn on low setting, cook casserole 10 – 12 hours.
Slow Cooker Chuck Roast Sandwiches
Onion – 1 tablespoon (dried, minced)
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Garlic powder – 2 teaspoons
Oregano – 2 teaspoons (dried)
Rosemary – 1 teaspoon (dried, crushed)
Caraway seeds – 1 teaspoon
Marjoram – 1 teaspoon (dried)
Celery seed – 1 teaspoon
Cayenne pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Chuck roast – 1 (3 to 4 pounds, boneless, halved)
Kaiser rolls or a good sourdough sandwich roll.
1. First, combine minced onions, salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, crushed rosemary, caraway seeds, dried marjoram, celery seed and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
2. Now, rub mixture evenly over roast and put roast in slow cooker.
3. Put cover on slow cooker and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Next, shred roast with a fork and serve on rolls of your choice.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe
Ground beef – 2 pounds
Sausage – 1/2 pound
Onions – 2 medium (chopped fine)
Garlic – 1 clove (chopped)
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Sour cream – 1 cup
Cream of mushroom soup – 1 cam
Bread or cracker crumbs – 1 1/2 cups
Milk – 1 1/2 cups
1. First, soak the bread or cracker crumbs in milk.
2. Next, mix thoroughly the ground beef, sausage, chopped onions, chopped garlic, salt, black pepper and soaked crumbs in a bowl.
3. Then in a different bowl, blend the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup.
4. Now, shape the meat mixture into a loaf and pour the sour cream-soup mixture over top.
5. Put in slow cooker and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya Recipe
Onion – 1 large (chopped)
Green bell pepper – 1 medium (chopped)
Celery stalks – 2 medium (chopped)
Garlic – 3 cloves (chopped fine)
Tomatoes – 1 can (28 ounce, undrained, diced)
Smoked sausage – 2 cups (fully cooked, chopped)
Parsley flakes – 1 tablespoon
Thyme leaves – 1/2 teaspoon (dried)
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Red pepper sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
Shrimp – 3/4 pound (medium, uncooked, peeled, deveined, thawed if frozen)
Hot cooked rice – 4 cups
1. First, add all ingredients except shrimp and rice to your slow cooker and mix well.
2. Now, put cover on slow cooker and cook on low heat 7 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours. or until vegetables are tender.
3. Next, stir in the thawed shrimp, put cover back on, cook on low approximately 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm.
4. Finally, serve with cooked rice.
Slow Cooker Ham and Potatoes
Ground ham – 2 cups
Cheese crackers – 1/2 cup (crushed fine)
Egg – 1
Barbecue sauce – 1/3 cup
Potatoes – 4 large (peeled and sliced)
Onion – 1 medium (sliced thin)
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Evaporated milk – 2/3 cup
Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup (grated)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
1. First, mix ground ham, crushed cheese crackers, egg and barbecue sauce in a bowl and shape into patties.
2. Next, put sliced potatoes and onion slices in a skillet and saute in butter and vegetable oil over medium heat, turning frequently to prevent browning.
3. Then drain potatoes and onions, put in slow cooker.
4. Now, mix together the evaporated milk, grated Mozzarella cheese, salt, black pepper and paprika, pour over potatoes and onions.
5. Layer ham patties on top of mixture in slow cooker.
6. Put lid on slow cooker and cook on low 3 to 5 hours.
What Are You Cooking for the Holiday?
If you’ve been looking for a way you and your family can enjoy delicious meals all during the holiday season, check out my 35 Slow Cooker Christmas Recipes.
Now, how great will that be? Simply add all the ingredients to your slow cooker, turn it on and the rest of the day enjoying something you love.
Such as, making cookies with the kids or shopping for those special gifts for your loved ones.
More Exciting News! Experience The Joy of Cooking Right In Your Inbox!
At the present time, I’ve put together a free newsletter with cooking tips, recipes & more to help you experience the joy of cooking firsthand. Check below to make sure it’s still open for subscription.
And, by the way, if you want more joy of cooking tips and recipes to help you become an expert chef in your own kitchen — stop by my website anytime.
Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!
Thanks – Jean
Filed under: Christmas Recipes