What are you planning to serve at your block party this weekend?
Yes, my mind often goes blank when trying to come up with something I’ve never prepared before for my neighbors!
If you are searching for the perfect meal idea for your party, you’ll be thrilled when you watch this video by Ree, The Pioneer Woman.
After all the oohs and aahs you’ll hear from your neighbors, you’ll want to thank Ree for sharing how she makes these delicious fried mozzarella sticks.
By the way, I’ve included the video transcript, and recipe so check it out below…
What If You Could Make Fried Mozzarella Sticks Like The Pioneer Woman? – Watch The Video To Learn How!
The secret to Ree’s easy Fried Mozzarella? String cheese!
I’m gonna show you how to make fried mozzarella using egg roll wrappers. I’ve got the egg roll wrapper laid flat.
So, I’m just painting a little rim of water around the edge, and that’s gonna act as the glue.
Don’t Forget the String Cheese!
So, now I’ve just got string cheese and put it right on the corner and tightly roll it up.Then, I get to the halfway point, tuck in these edges and roll it up a little more.
Now, it’s perfectly stuck because of that water and I’ve got 11 more to make.
Nothing Like Warm Marinara Sauce!
I’ll fry them for one and a half minutes in oil. Meantime I’ll warm up store-bought marinara sauce, then turn the mozzarella sticks so they cook to an even golden brown.
I’ll take them out to drain on a paper towel. I cannot get over how deliciously crispy these are and they’re so beautiful. It pretty much doesn’t get any better than this…
Ree’s Fried Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- 12 packaged egg roll wrappers
- 12 pieces string cheese
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup store-bought marinara sauce
- Remove the egg roll wrappers from the package and cover them with a damp paper towel.
- This will keep the wrappers from drying out. Have a small glass of water ready for sealing the wrappers.
- Place one egg roll wrapper on a cutting board.
- With damp fingers, moisten the outer edges of the wrapper.
- Place a piece of string cheese diagonally on one corner of the wrapper.
- Roll the cheese inside the wrapper to the halfway point and then fold the edges over the ends of cheese.
- Continue rolling, making sure the last corner seals.
- Place on a sheet pan, cover with a damp paper towel and repeat with the remaining cheese sticks.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While the oil is heating, warm the marinara in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through. Place in a small serving bowl.
- Fry the egg rolls until golden and crisp, about 1 1/2 minutes, turning regularly.
- Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Serve alongside the marinara.
By the way, before you leave, be sure and get my free newsletter with cool recipes, cooking tips & more to satisfy your family’s hunger pains..
To make sure it’s still open, check below…
Want More Recipes to Satisfy Your Family’s Hunger? Then You’re Going to Love Ron Douglas…
Ron Douglas has made visiting restaurants his life’s work.
So, you can now get his secret restaurant style recipes all in one amazing book.
Thanks – Jean
As found on Youtube
Filed under: Pioneer Woman